Codes for spatial data analyses
The purpose of this page is to provide you with information on add-on modules or free codes for spatial statistics that require other packages to run.
R is a free clone of S+. You can get more information about it at http://www.r-project.org/
. R is growing so quickly that there is no way to keep this section exhaustive and up to date. I therefore can only invite the visitors to visit this two web sites dedicated to R for spatial statistics: "R Spatial Projects
" - link is broken, will be checked soon
- and the "CRAN task view: Analysis of Spatial Data
Here below are indicated a few well known packages.
- ADE4 (analysis of lattice data, designed for ecological data-analysis)
- GeoR (2D Geostatistics & simulations)
- Gstat (2D Geostatistics & simulations)
- GeoXP 1.3 (Exploratory spatial data analysis)
- SPATSTAT (Point processing)
- VISIM: GSLIB based F77 program for sequential Gaussian and direct sequential simulation with histogram reproduction
- Source codes of a large number of algorithms presented in the journal Computers and Geosciences can be found online.