The objective of the 52n SosFeeder
is to offer a framework for easy insertion of data into the database, which is used by a 52n SOS. The SosFeeder
runs as a web application and offers two mechanisms for feeding the data:
- PUSH mechanism:
- Data is pushed as an xml document to the SosFeeder by another application or sensor and inserted into the database through the framework.
- PULL mechanism:
- Data is pulled from a data source, which might be a website or another document on another server and then is inserted into the database through the framework.
The development started as a component, which was integrated in the main 52n SOS project. For several reasons we decided to seperate the SosFeeder
project from the SensorObservationService
Currently the feeder is implemented for PostgreSQL and the data model used by the 52north SensorObservationService
. Through using the DAO pattern, it should also be easy to use the feeder for another database system and data model, if you are using these for your 52north SensorObservationService
You can checkout the project from:
- host: core-52n.cvs.sourceforge.net
- repository: /cvsroot/core-52n
- module: SOSFeeder
- connection type: extssh or PServer (depends on whether you're using your own account or the anonymous account)
Further information will be presented soon on this side.
- 20 Jan 2007