Triturus is a package of Java classes that offer basic functionality to model objects in 3-D space and to set-up simple 3-D scene descriptions.
- Basic feature geometries (3-D point sets, line-strings, elevation grids, TINs etc.)
- Gridding algorithms for scattered data points
- Readers for various data formats (e.g., XYZ files and Arc/Info ASCII grids)
- Simple file export (e.g., ASCII files, VRML scene descriptions)
- Generation of simple POV-Ray scene descriptions
- Cross-section generation for elevation grid models
How can I get the library?
You can check out the Java source code from this 52°North Subversion Repository: https://svn.52north.org/svn/3d
An anonymous check-out is supported! (Note that a 52°North account is required if you want to contribute code.)
The concept of the 52N Triturus framework is described in a white paper, which can be found here