Currently, no live demo is available as the dataset is not publically available yet. Please contact us directly if you want to find out more! Thanks!
- WFS data backend (tested with Geoserver)
- WMS for ancialliary data
- User friendly data exploration
- adapted feature selection menu
- interactive time line
- layer menu
- table view with interactive filtering and sorting
- Statistics view for selected events
- Report generation (PDF) for single events
You can download the latest version of Malta from our Jenkins build server: http://build.dev.52north.org/jenkins/job/Malta/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/
Malta is available as a .zip file for deployments in a content management system and as a .war file for depoyment in a servlet container such as Tomcat.
- Version 1.0.1 (initial release)
- Version 1.1
- update to OpenLayers 2.13.1
- increased support for IE using excanvas
Malta is packaged as a web application that can be build with Maven. Maven (
) creates a web archive file (
), but it also runs if you just copy and paste the files from the archive file for deployment (
) in content management systems (CMS).
Malta is hosted on GitHub
Based on the Maven build process, you can easily replace specific files.
- Create a folder, the "customization directory", following the Malta project layout with all the files that must be replaced, e.g.
.html files (see
- Build the project using
mvn clean package and activate the profile customize with the parameter
customizationDir. The latter must contain the full path to your customization directory as its value. Open the command line in the project directory (where the
pom.xml is located) or set-up a custom Run Configuration in Eclipse. The full command should look like this:
mvn clean package -Pcustomize -DcustomizationDir=<my path to>\<my custom dir>.
Maven will create files and folder named
- Optionally, you can give your customization an additional name by using the paramter malta.profile.flag:
mvn clean package -Pcustomize -DcustomizationDir=<my path to>\<my custom dir> -Dmalta.profile.flag=myFlag.
In this case "myFlag" replaces the "custom" part of the filename. This is great to keep clear which customization you just built.
The development of Malta was supported by Deutsche Wetterdienst (DWD), http://www.dwd.de/
The DWD hosts an online version of Malta here: http://www.dwd.de/DE/forschung/projekte/dwdee/dwdee_node.html
Tasks / Roadmap
Project contact: Daniel Nüst (firstname.lastname@example.org
) for any inquiries about Malta.
Malta is published under Apache License 2.0:
Copyright 2013 52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
- Topic created by: DanielNuest
- Topic created on: 2013-03-13