Divisional Manager, Applied Geosciences, Vancouver, Head Office Americas
Founded in 1987, Snowden is developing rapidly in size and expertise. It is focused on clearly understanding its clients? requirements and to providing the most effective, relevant and timely solutions. It delivers a comprehensive range of technical consulting services and independent advice to exploration and mining companies as well as to legal and financial institutions with interests in the mining sector.
Snowden has offices in Australia, Africa, Europe, Canada and Brazil and has expanded from an initial focus on mineral resource consulting, to an extensive range of services: mine planning, mine optimization, scoping and feasibility studies, geotechnical and rock engineering, preparation of independent expert reports, valuations, due diligence reviews, training, mentoring, business improvement and technology solutions.
Snowden management actively supports the continuous development & wellbeing of all staff. The company?s belief is that a healthy mind and body are an excellent foundation for exceptional performance in the workplace. This is only a small part of the benefits to its staff in terms of energy, fun and teamwork.
In a leading role & reporting to the General Manager, Americas, the Divisional Manager, Applied Geosciences will lead a team of talented, dedicated resource geologists in Vancouver.
Building on sound, detailed geological interpretation and mineral resource modelling, the Applied Geosciences Division specializes in geostatistical analyses, resource estimation, technical auditing and due diligence review, and risk analysis studies covering most mineral commodities in a wide range of geographic and geological environments.
Quality and OHS&E; Business Development; Financial and Contract Management; People Management and Leadership; Communication and Relationships; Project Management; Technical/Professional.
Specific, extensive experience and focus is required in the following sectors:
Advanced Applied Geosciences technical qualifications pertaining to, but not limited to:
- practical experience in operating mines covering all aspects of geological functions including drilling, sampling, QAQC, grade, dilution and cost control, reconciliation, reporting and liaison with mine engineering and surveying professionals
- knowledge of and practical experience with geological modelling, domaining, statistical analyses, variogram analyses, cross-validation and reconciliation
- experience with a wide range of grade estimation techniques including ordinary kriging, multiple indicator kriging, co-kriging and conditional simulation
- experience with the application of advanced geostatistical methods including simulation, global change of support and uniform conditioning for estimation, risk management and operational optimisation
- intimate knowledge of reporting codes such as JORC, N143-101, and SAMREC
- experience with technical auditing and due diligence reporting
- a Master?s Degree in Geology or relevant degree pertaining to the resources industry
- eligibility to be registered as a P.Geo in BC
- at least 15 years experience in the Mining Industry with at least 5 years in a service provision role
- nationally and usually internationally recognised as a professional consultant with a broad professional network in the Americas and a proven successful track record as a business developer who will recognise and develop opportunities to provide the Applied Geosciences team?s technical and diversified capabilities to both existing and new clients
- ability to provide leadership, mentoring and assistance to team members to continually develop their professional capabilities
- demonstrated ability to manage operational matters in the Division including budgeting, resource allocation, proposals, quality control report and authorisations
- a proven record for delivery and timely completion of projects within budget
- a good communicator who will strive to build and maintain both good internal and external relationships
- a professional with initiative, innovation, and enthusiasm, creativity, excellent feedback and a likeable personality with quiet confidence
- a motivator, as well as motivated and dedicated to the practice of continuous improvement
- a good sense of humour
Lorraine Lewis, Managing Partner
Lewis Companies Inc. (Search Firm)
Tel: (416) 929-1506 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org