GIS Days 2007
GI-Days 2007, Young Researchers Forum
September 10-12, 2007
The GI-Days 2007 will provide a platform for young researchers worldwide to present their work from all sectors of geographic information science. The range of topics will be comparable to the well established series of GIScience conferences, focussing on emerging topics and basic research findings.
GI-Days 2007 will bring together young researchers from the field of geographic information science. We encourage PhD and Master students as well as post-docs to submit papers. Participants of GI-Days 2007 will learn about the diversity of currently ongoing research projects and receive feedback on their research in a constructive and international atmosphere.
All accepted papers will be published in the ifgiPrints series (with ISBN). We will ask the authors of the best full papers to submit extended versions for a special issue in a geographic information science journal.
We invite you to be part of the up-and-coming generation of geographic information scientists meeting at GI-Days 2007.
Possible topics include, but are not restricted to:
- Spatial data infrastructures
- Geospatial semantic web
- Geographic information in Web 2.0
- Geospatial web services
- Geospatial ontology engineering
- Semantic annotation of geospatial data sources
- Similarity and geospatial concept representation
- Sensor web services and sensor networks
- Location-based services, mobile and ubiquitous geo-computing
- Space time analysis and modelling
- Privacy in information management
- Algorithms and data structures
- Functional programming in geo-applications
- Self-organizing maps
- Map-algebra services
- Disaster and risk management
- Social aspects of geospatial information
- Dealing with uncertainty in geographic information
- Cognitive aspects of spatial knowledge
- Submission deadline for full papers: March 31
- Notification full papers: May 7
- Camera-ready full papers: June 30
- Submission deadline for abstracts: May 21
- Notification abstracts: June 24
- Camera-ready abstracts: July 19
Papers must submitted online through our conference management system. The link will be provided soon.