Main Web Preferences
The following settings are web preferences
of the Main
web. These preferences overwrite the site-level preferences
, and can be overwritten by user preferences
(your personal topic, eg: TWikiGuest
in the Main
Web Preferences Settings
- Broadcast message for skins supporting a %BROADCASTMESSAGE% at the top of the page: (IMPORTANT: Set to empty message if not used; #Comment out unused messages)
- #Set BROADCASTMESSAGE =
- Set BROADCASTMESSAGE = NOTE: 2016-06-23
52°North is migrating this TWiki to foswiki which will become availabe via the well known domain wiki.52north.org soon.
Hence, this wiki is switched to read-only mode starting Monday - 27.06.2016 - until the end of the migration. Hence, save your changes beforehand.
The 52°North IT-Team.
These settings override the defaults for this web only. See full list of defaults with explanation
- Default template for new topics for this web:
- Comma separated list of forms that can be attached to topics in this web. See TWikiForms for more information.
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in the Main web: (See TWikiAccessControl). Remove the # to enable any of these settings. Remember that an empty setting is a valid setting; setting DENYWEBVIEW to nothing means that anyone can view the web.
# * Set ALLOWWEBVIEW =
# * Set DENYWEBCHANGE =
# * Set DENYWEBRENAME =
- Users or groups allowed to change or rename this WebPreferences topic: (e.g., TWikiAdminGroup)
- Web preferences that are not allowed to be overridden by sub-web, user or topic preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = NOSEARCHALL, ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT, WIKIWEBMASTER, WEBCOPYRIGHT, WEBTOPICLIST, DENYWEBVIEW, ALLOWWEBVIEW, DENYWEBCHANGE, ALLOWWEBCHANGE, DENYWEBRENAME, ALLOWWEBRENAME
Help on Preferences
- A preference setting is defined by:
3 or 6 spaces * Set NAME = value
- A preferences setting can be disabled with a # sign. Remove the # sign to enable a local customisation. Example:
- Preferences are used as TWikiVariables by enclosing the name in percent signs. Example:
- When you write variable
%WEBBGCOLOR% , it gets expanded to
- The sequential order of the preference settings is significant. Define preferences that use other preferences first, i.e. set
%WEBCOPYRIGHT% uses the
- You can introduce your own preferences variables and use them in your topics and templates.
- Rename, move or delete this web:
- Note: The Main web cannot be renamed. See also: ManagingWebs