GeoAR Communities Demos
For a little while we have an application available on Google Play
for Android mobile phones: GeoAR
- an augmented reality client for spatio-temporal data. It is developed within the GeoViQua
project to try out new ways to make data from complex systems such as GEOSS available to the general public in both classical map and augmented reality views.
I write to you now because I want to take advantage of having a powerful open source augmented reality application that we can extend in any way we want! The GeoAR
Team would like to develop one demonstration scenario with every of 52°Norths's current communities. We started this wiki page with some first ideas and we would really appreciate your input here. This call is open for any member of a 52°North community, so don't be shy to let us know about your data but get in touch: org
- include statistical processing of the data?
- Show latest GeoNetCast data on maps on a mobile phone
- Open ISO Metadata documents in the application (e.g. from web sources) and show the extend of a dataset on a map and the location of described resources in AR.
- Make notes about the documents "in the field" which generate can be send via email including a link to a direct editing session of the document in smart editor (permalink feature available?)
- Accessing secured WMS and WFS from Android
- Rendering elevation data from Web Terrain Service in augmented reality
- Topic created by: DanielNuest
- Topic created on: 2013-03-12