Goals and Basic Conditions
Develop a lightweight alternative to the OX-Framework
that can be used within Android applications to access OGC Web Services.
- This development should be available under Apache 2.0 license and be developed/tested by as many parties as possible.
- The library should be developed in a GitHub repository maintained by 52°North (ideally).
- The library must be made available in the 52°North public Maven repository.
- The library should depend on as few external dependencies as possible:
- use Android HTTP client and XML libs
- no XMLBeans
- Test driven development and rolling releases ensure high quality of code.
- Focus on 52°North SOS accpetable but tests should involve other service implementations.
- A similar developer API as the OX-Framework should be provided (the simple one, not the full fledged compley one).
- Adapter and factory pattern could be used, see for example a test-driven designed example for the SPS: adapter and test case
- Download data
- Upload data
- Discover sensors
- Comment on sensors
Potentially interested/related parties or projects:
- Topic created by: DanielNuest
- Topic created on: 2013-03-12