Ramblings and ideas for developments on the Android
Ideas and Discussion
- SWE Client with graphs, transactional, ...
- Sensor Bus is a perfect fit for mobile platforms!
- Collaborative data collection, multiple devices measuring the same phenomenon and all sharing the data using the sensor bus
- a base for mobile gaming?
- AIS Visualization: There was a feasibility study about AIS ship tracking data using a SOS and a WMS. As far as I understood this is confidential data, but anyway, just to add the idea to the list.
- Find out about
- Testing new OX Framework on Android for service requests?
- XML processing on mobile devices
- Possible (collaborated) research
- Accessing OGC services from mobile device
- Should we target HTML5 as a plattform rather than native clients
- Keep in mind, but current efforts on augmented reality are not feasible with HTML5 right now (Nov. 2012)
- Digital Elevation Model could be moved to server, do calculations in the cloud (see Raphael's thesis)
- Interesting problem: z-axis, possibly do something with geoprocessing on DEM, server side processing
- Live data and eventing, possible with Web Sockets, websockets-push-to-mobile
- Become independent from Google Mapping API - advantages and disadvantages
- Topic created by: DanielNuest
- Topic created on: 2011-11-21
Topic revision: r1 - 21 May 2012, DanielNuest